View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #37
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will it be a tragedy if Romney is elected and is given credit for a econmic recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-hoop
I want you to point out to me where in that article it tells of one action of Hoover after 1929 where he went against laissez-faire in any important way. All i see is the writer bashing Hoover for being pro-labor during the 1920-1921 crisis.

Also, that is a pretty biased article, he quotes Hoover as being responsible for a plan on public works presented by a governor when there is no direct proof of it.

The article pretty much just try to prove that Hoover was not in favour of laissez-faire because of what he did before the Great Depression but shows no shred of evidence of that during his term as president in 1929-1932.

By the way the quote you used in your post was made during his bid for reelection when presidents will say anything they need to get reelected. If he had indeed done so much than the election probably wouldn't be so one-sided.
http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/..._sings_hi.html The complete hands off approach is a myth.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote