View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #873
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
Too be honest, yes I am nitpicking for no real reason, but I genuinely believe that most people only speak of this game and older NBA 2k games so highly because of having no competition against it.

If NBA Live was still alive and strong like it was years ago this game would not be rated anywhere near as high as it is. 2k is on the right path at the moment though.

I understand nitpicking... I mean c'mon that is pretty much 90% of internet activity... but its the whole "I'm not giving my money to 2k Sports" and the rest of the fist-pounding rants about relatively minor aspects of the game that are just silly in my mind.

The fact that 10th-men like Josh McRoberts and Matt Barnes aren't on the right team... which will be fixed via update in soon enough... really shouldn't be a make-or-break feature in terms of purchasing the only NBA simulation-game on the market.

There is no competition because EA Sports and the Live franchise did not compete with 2k. 2k Sports put out the far superior product.... in terms of fan, critical, and I can only assume economic, perspective.

It's all relative. If EA had been putting out high-end NBA simulation games that could compete with 2k, then yeah I'm guessing that the development team would have had more resources toward making 2k13 a better game.

With that being said, how incrementally better could 2k be given the current console capability and the demand for said games? This isn't the land of the FPS where you can put out anything and have millions of 14-year-olds clamoring to play online for 11 hours straight. It's absolutely a niche market... especially considering the simulation-style nature and presentation that 2k sports offers.

Long story short.... 2k13 is a helluva game. Of course it has its flaws, but name one game in the history of games that has achieved perfection out of the retail gate. We should be extremely happy with the depth, quality, and aesthetics of this product considering its the only game of this particular content and style available that is sufficiently updated to the current game around which it revolves.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote