View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 01:54 AM   #68
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: At their peak - Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, and Scottie Pippen

When u are talking MJ, Bron, Hill, Pippen, Drexler, Penny, Kobe, and T-Mac, u are talking guys in that 6'6 to 6'9 range that are freakish athletes, very good-great defenders, very good-great scorers, very good-great passers, and very good-great rebounders. U literally get the TOTAL PACKAGE which is something that makes them unique even amongst Bird and Magic. Not saying all of those guys are better than Bird and Magic, but these guys defensively and athletic ability wise gives them literally no weaknesses.

When it comes to the three guys mentioned for this post, I think Penny was the most polished and best scorer. U gotta realize Penny played his best years with the Diesel and running PG, so his scoring capabilities (like Magic) were apparent when the game was on the line or when it was time to takeover. U can't just look at his stats, even though Penny was an excellent scoring PG.

Defense wise,it clearly goes to Pippen. Rebounding wise, I would roll with Hill. Passing wise, I would take Penny. Peak value wise, I'm gonna take Hill. All at their best, I'm taking G Hill. He was a triple double threat who could get 26 a night and provide very good defense, even back then. After that I would take Penny and then Pippen.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote