View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #50
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Should the government cut entitlements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
Here's my thinking. In general I'm socially libratarian but economically I'm very conservative and think taxes should be as low as possible and that there should be as few entitlements as reasonably possible. The problem is we can't afford a tax cut right now and honestly they need to go up a little. The thing is, the republicans can't claim to want a balanced budget but cut taxes and never really cut spending at the same time.

In theory the democrats are for bigger government and more taxes as well as services while the republicans are for smaller govt and smaller taxes and fewer services. The problem is reality has turned into republicans spending a ton and not cutting taxes while democrats spend even more and don't raise taxes enough to pay for it. Our debt is a problem and a huge weakness. We need to start working on fixing it and at this point raising taxes is part of the way that we wre going to do that.

well said. ron paul ftw
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote