View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #44
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA No Longer Interested In European Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Even as a European myself, I'm glad to hear this. Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to see the NBA 'tampered' with. It's a successful formula, and I just feel the expansion is unnecessary. I don't think it would make hardcore Euro Basketball fans suddenly love the NBA either. Hell, they'd probably have more disdain for it for potentially breaking up some Euro teams. While it would be a big change for the NBA, not many people seem to acknowledge the ramifications it would have on the European leagues.

Something I'd be much more interested in is seeing NBA regular season games played over in Europe. Especially in London. NFL are doing it, Wembley stadium will be hosting a few games over the next few years. The O2 Arena in London is an NBA ready venue and has already hosted a lot of pre-season games.

Not that I'm biased.

The Knicks and Pistons are playing a regular season game in London in January: http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/nba-...ew-york-knicks Tickets on sale in two weeks.

I pretty much forgot that the Nets and Craptors played back-to-back regular season games in London last season.
stax is offline   Reply With Quote