View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #184
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Lingend is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
That's where you and me differ. I take the PG who I think is better skilled every single time. The better skilled PG could probably adjust his game to gel into a championship team better than a lesser skilled PG can. There is no evidence that Lin wouldn't be able to adjust his game. He played pretty well with both Amare and Carmelo under Woodson.

The argument you bring is situational, not of one that has bearing on who is the better point guard. Mario Chalmers excelled in a 4th or 5th banana role, and Bledsoe may be a decent energy guy off the bench, but would you take them to run your team? Would you take them over guys like Lowry, Lawson, or Rubio, who understand how to run a team, but probably wouldn't play as well as in a non-starter role, or a non-ball handling role?

Maybe I can understand Chalmers over Lin, especially since he excelled in his (limited) role. But I don't see how anyone can argue for a guy like Bledsoe. To me, that's just being a hater. What has Bledsoe done to show he is "easily" better than Lin?

we are too far apart on thism I don't think Lin is a smart player. He is reckless and only thrives playing one way. He is also a reckless defender and oftentimes lazy. Unlike many I think he is a good athlete but plays mostly off instinct and doesn't understand how to run a t
team. He is out there playing checkers and not managing games.
my pick of Bledsoe is because he plays elite defense and is competant in other areas. It also has to do with the fact that I don't think you can win playing the way Pin has to play. Imo he really is very similar to Ramon Sessions.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 10-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote