View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #27
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Has my jump shot form improved, and any critiques on my new form or dribbling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permodius
This is exactly true, and I notice that sometimes when I shoot free throws I lean forward after the shot and lose balance, making me take a step forward. I know that this has been an issue of mine but I honestly have no idea how to stop it. It seems that no matter which way I jump I land ahead of where I jumped from. This even happens when I try it without the ball. I try jumping straight up while going through the shooting motion and looking at my feet, and it seems like no matter what I do I end up hopping forward. Can you give me any tips on exactly how I can condition myself to go straight up and down? This has been one of the things that I just couldn't eliminate and have forgotten about.

its all about repetition. start slow, 5 feet in front of the hoop and take your jumpshot. you cant hop forward because it will affect your shot from that distance. start moving back gradually and repeat, as soon as you feel yourself hopping forward again, take a step in. your body does that because it's a habit , so you have to consciously train yourself to stop.

a little hop is fine, but again, when you are tired you'll start exaggerating it and thats no good because it throws off your depth perception. I used to have this problem too but i kinda worked my way out of it, no real easy way. just keep practicing.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote