View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Is Lakers depth a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
We were able to dump Luke Walton, Blake won't be anywhere near as hard to dump if we really want to. Do it Mitch!!!!

If there is anything that I learned, it's actually quite possible to get rid of the contract (although I wouldn't be so quick to do so considering Chris Duhon's play as of late), and they usually have to be deals with crappy teams who can't get stars but need any decent role player out there so they don't look completely crappy.

Steve Blake isn't a bad player, but like most other players, we've asked him to adapt to his role. I know what you're going to say here and its that he's had OK stats on bad teams, and thats completely true. The thing is, on bad teams, coaches don't really have what it takes to coach, so it usually results in these guys having more freedom on the court. Funny how it works. Guys like Phil Jackson and Larry Brown gave no freedom to most of their players, but came away successful.

Steve Blake is on this team where there isn't much freedom (Historically speaking, Mike Brown isn't up to par lol), and as a result, his numbers aren't as high because he simply isn't comfortable playing.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote