View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Singling Yourself Out???

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
Thanks bro but aint that kinda being cocky? Like i just feel like if im like yeah im definently making the team, i actually wont
I don't think he means walk around with arrogance, as if you already made the team. Instead, I think he's talking about how you feel on the inside. You're here saying there's sixteen open slots out of forty two trying out. He's saying to know inside you're good enough to be one of those sixteen. There's a difference between confidence and cockiness. As a coach, I'm not looking for cocky, but I'm also not looking for someone who looks unsure about what they're doing.

In truth though, there's going to be limits as to what you can do to make this team. The biggest thing that contributes to a player making a team is all the legitimate work they put into the game in the days, weeks, months, and years prior to the tryout. Preparation is number one. If a player is someone who spends most of their basketball life opting not to run back on defense, not box out, and not share the rock, it's going to be tough to enter a tryout and suddenly make all those things happen, you know? If you're confident in your preparation though, just play your game and let the chips fall where they may. There's no real magic answer to making a team.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 10-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote