View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Browns Look Smart For Not Drafting Blackmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
We're not even halfway through the season. Maybe they did, but maybe they didn't. Let them play some games before we start declaring this and that. I'm wary because I've seen a lot of players that looked good early only to quickly fizzle out, and a number of guys who were nearly nonexistent early who turned into HOFers. I don't know why some people want to be so quick to throw labels on players.
Oh, I agree. That's why I prefaced it by saying the title of the thread was not my words. You are always going to get comparisons with rookies, though. Just the nature of the game.

On the bright side with Gordon, he was perceived as a guy with crazy upside, but it was going to take him time before he could acclimate himself to the NFL level. The idea is that, hopefully, what we are seeing now is just the beginning.

But, we obviously won't know where these guys stand in the broader picture until they've been in the league for 4-5 years.

The thing that makes Gordon such an exciting prospect is this kind of production was not expected (at least by me and most Browns fans I know) this soon. And, his combination of size, speed and hands seems pretty rare.

All of that said, there was a time after his 17 touchdown season when I thought Braylon Edwards was going to be maybe the best WR in the entire league for a long time. Trust me, I've seen my share of guys take off only to plummet back to earth.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-28-2012 at 07:21 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote