View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
I use my Heavy class as my overwatch and frontlines guy.

Firing the primary weapon as the first action no longer ends the turn.
-Great for if the enemy moves to where you are in a dangerous spot but want to shoot first before retreating.
Can fire a special shot that grants reaction fire at a single target. The target also suffers a -30 Aim penalty
-Great if the enemy is trying to get a shot off on 1 of ur squad members.
Confers a second reaction shot if on Overwatch and the first reaction shot is a hit.
-Why I like to put him upfront and on overwatch.

In terms of reaction shots and suppression you can spec a support to do basically the exact same thing. With the addition of smoke grenades and the ability to carry additional items. Key here though is that the support class actually hits on there reaction shots most of the time, while the heavies miss at a much higher rate.

Being able to fire to start a turn is a bonus I guess, but imo this advantage is vastly diminished by their terrible aiming.

The only thing I really like is their heat ammo ability. Get them in close enough and heavies can bring a world of pain to those robotic enemies. But then, if pure damage dealing is the key I could bring an extra sniper.

I can see in the 2k thread that some guys have some interesting builds though, but then again I'm pretty happy with my 2 assault/2 support/2 sniper build atm.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote