View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Browns Look Smart For Not Drafting Blackmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Well im not talking about a short 3 game stretch im talking about the whole season. Just look back at his 1st game and the tons of rookie mistakes he made there. But anyway im actually defending weeden on here many ppl think he sucks but I dont

He also makes the mistake of just eyeing down one part of the field numerous times. I can show you a video if you want
Not trying to argue with you. I just want to set the record straight and I'm not seeing what you're seeing... And I like to think I'm pretty informed when it comes to the Browns.

It isn't just a three-game stretch. He really hasn't been turnover prone since the first week of the season.

Game 2: @ Bengals - 26/37 (70.3%), 322 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles

Game 3: vs. Bills - 27/43 (62.8%), 237 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles

Game 4: @ Ravens - 25/52 (48.1%), 320 yards, 0 touchdowns, 1 interception, 0 fumbles

Game 5: @ Giants - 22/35 (62.9%), 291 yards, 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 0 fumbles

Game 6: vs. Bengals - 17/29 (58.6%), 231 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception, 0 fumbles

Game 7: @ Colts - 25/41 (61.0%), 264 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles

Game 8: vs. Chargers - 11/27 (40.7%), 129 yards, 0 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 0 fumbles
*Hurricane conditions

None of these games constitutes a rookie making tons of mistakes. To me, a rookie making tons of mistakes means turning the ball over a lot, either with interceptions or fumbles. He simply hasn't been doing that outside of the first game.

If you exclude his horrific opener, he has thrown 9 touchdowns against 6 interceptions and 0 fumbles. Those are quality, mistake-free numbers regardless of whether a guy is a rookie or not.

During the same stretch, Eli Manning has 11 touchdowns against 8 interceptions and 1 fumble.

Andrew Luck has 7 touchdowns against 5 interceptions and 5 fumbles.

Look, I'm not saying he doesn't occasionally have some rookie moments and misreads coverage or misses open guys or overthrows/underthrows the ball. You are always going to have that out of an inexperienced NFL quarterback. But, to describe his season as having a ton of mistakes is quite an overstatement, imo.

I think we agree in general about his season, though. So, whatever.... It doesn't matter that much.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote