View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #56
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
I do but only metacritics and gamereviews.com
I went with my gut a few times, despite the reviews being really poor and thoroughly did not enjoy the game. If the game fits your preference and the score is high, it's a great indication that you will enjoy the game.

I remember so many of my friends encouraging me to pick up Mafia II for PS3, the reviews were pretty bad but I got it anyways. Although the game was fun, the score it got reflects its quality. It's a sandbox game with a really dead environment and very little re-playability. The story was done well, but it was no where near as good as my friends claimed it was.

So I do tend to trust the accumulated scores critics give games. I just never trust one particular site.

I look at metacritic, as a back up. For example I purchased Resident Evil 6 for the 360 eventhough metacritic has it at 67....the ps3 version is rated a 75. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I pick out a few of the reviews within metacritic as well and check out gamer reviews. So in this case, metacritic didn't persuade me enough to not purchase RE 6 and I don't regret it. It influences me more on games where I'm on the fence about buying or not.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote