Thread: 2012 MLS Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #270
Grinder

Default Re: 2012 MLS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
McBean hasn't gotten any PT this season at all, it's really difficult to gauge how young mls players will develop..

I'm going on a tangent here but some young MLS talent that I think will be future players for the Senior squad(not counting the established youngsters): Ryan Meara(GK, NYRB, next tim howard), Louis Gill(M, RSL), Jack McInerry(F, PHI), Diego Fagundez(F, NE), Omar Salgado(F, VAN), Connor Lade(D-M, NYRB, depends on his long term position) and Will Bruin(F, Hous, has broke out this year w/14 goals)

Then we have the Brek Shea's and the Juan Agudelo. I've watched all of Agudelo's game with the NYRB and his talent/skill level for a player for his age was phenomenal, I never saw a young american have the ability to control, dribble and create with the ball like he has.. However, injuries and supposed poor work ethic is hampering his potential. I still think he's the long term option for us and i'd easily take him over Boyd. Going to Chivas was the best for him and if he can break out next year watch out..

Yeah I don't expect him to play today but I just saw McBean play for the first time against a bad team from El Salvador in CCL and I was impressed at his positioning for a 17 year old (scored a brace). He looks like he has the makings of a solid target man if he continues to develop. The Union are my hometown team and I've seen some good things from Jack McInerney as well.

I've heard a lot of about Luis Gil, who would you compare him to?

Boyd isn't very technically skilled but he's a bull up front. He's very strong and athletic and a good finisher, I think he's got a lot of room for improvement.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote