Thread: 2012 MLS Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #275
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 MLS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Yeah I don't expect him to play today but I just saw McBean play for the first time against a bad team from El Salvador in CCL and I was impressed at his positioning for a 17 year old (scored a brace). He looks like he has the makings of a solid target man if he continues to develop. The Union are my hometown team and I've seen some good things from Jack McInerney as well.

I've heard a lot of about Luis Gil, who would you compare him to?

Boyd isn't very technically skilled but he's a bull up front. He's very strong and athletic and a good finisher, I think he's got a lot of room for improvement.

Yea, I do like how Boyd is a powerful striker who can hold the ball down and be a handful in the box, hopefully he develops into a solid target forward.

I haven't watched alot of Gil but I've heard alot from him and RSL are taking him slow and expect for him to breakout next year as RSL will be rebuilding or retooling. I don't know any comparisons on the top of my head but I think he has the potential to be a very good attacking midfielder.

I also hope we get to see Dax McCarty back with the NT soon. He's been a beast for NYRB as a defensive midfield(destroyer) type of role but he's been making strides offensively as of late. He's starting to become a very good possession player who finds open pockets of space and he's good with his short passing. He's also relentless, with a nonstop motor and he eats up tackles. I think we should look to give him a cap soon.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote