View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jerry Jones promises he will always be GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Cowboy hater way of thinking:

coach does bad = Jerry's fault for hiring that coach
coach does good = GOOD JOB COACH!!!, YOU DID IT!!!, who is Jerry?

ALSO

player drafted is a bust = Jerry pick obviously, stupid pick
player turns out to be stud = must have been drafted by Jimmy or Parcells or someone else other than Jerry

Not at all. Jerry's clearly did a lot of good at GM, i've said many times i think Dallas has a lot of talent. (Note: you tend to argue the opposite. But i guess right now that's not something you are going to say.) They also have a lot of holes, tend to be too quick to trade draft picks (Roy Williams anyone?) and the choice of coaches has been, what's a good word? Horrible?

The NFL is built on accountability and the owner being the GM removes that accountability from the two most important layers of your organization, because if the owner likes the coach, then the GM and the coach are fixtures forever.

It also blocks you from hiring and good GM/Coach candidates like Gruden, etc. because they won't take the job.

Last edited by niko : 11-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote