View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
MavsSuperFan
College superstar

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: How do you USA black christians feel about your Islamic/African roots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by po3try
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Christianity, its a beautiful religion and extremly similar to Islam, both believe in the same one and only god and both believe in Jesus as Christians like to call him (we call him by his actual name "Yeshua Ben Yosef" but ok!) but i ask this because it is afterall a higher chance that was your true religion before you and your names got converted during slavery (Islam was before slavery, long time before that the most popular religion in Africa, today around 50% of the population in Africa are muslims, rest of the percentage is a combination of Bahai, Agnostic, Christian and so on).

Just another brother wondering, with brother i dont mean anything racial! In Islam "brother" or "sister" is a term used upon other muslims, it is actually a term blacks use today upon eachother and yes you guessed it correctly that came from your Islamic roots, i bet many african-americans dont even know that or ignore it since they are now "Christians" but still somehow use the term and act like its just a "Black thing", no its not... its a muslim thing.

Live on and live hard brothers! But never forget your roots!

No offense but, have you ever heard of the Arab slave trade?

EDIT: Both Christianity and Islam have been spread primarily on the tip of a sword.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 11-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote