View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #1249
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Why? Many of them aren't playing tough OOC schedules (there's no real incentive to anyways). Some of them ran their records up with weak schedules early and then lost against tougher competition or split. Georgia and Alabama could end the reg season with just 1 top 25 win a piece (the CCG would add another if either was to win). You have to take it on a case-by-case basis and not just generalize a conference. Outside of their win over Florida, Georgia's wins are a whole lot of 'so what'.

True, but some of those non ranked SEC teams are out of the top 25 just because they also played several top SEC teams during the regular season. You really think eg. an until today unbeaten Louisville is better than an unranked SEC team which still has a positive or even record?

Ole Miss: Georgia, Texas A&M, Alabama and will still play LSU.
Missouri: South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and still to play Texas TaM.
Just look at what LSU went through the last 5 weeks in a row. Unreal.

Still, if both Kansas State and Oregon (my fave. team) both win out, I completely understand that they should be in the MNC. It's easy to slip up and lose a game, but I guess this is another cry for some kind of a decent playoff system.

Maybe my earlier statement was a bit of an overreaction, but it's a shame that because of the fact that a conference is extremely stacked, some teams won't even sniff the MNC and an overrated team like ND is really close.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote