View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #53
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What will be the most heartworming story this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
If anyone wants to question Portland for picking Oden over Durant, you really don't understand basketball or the potential Oden had. Oden was one in a generation Centre in a weak Centre league.
You must not recall that Oden's health problems were front and center during the whole draft assessment process. Some bodies just aren't built for the rigors of an NBA season, and I suspected early on that this was the case with him. Finding out that one leg was congenitally shorter than the other was another negative revelation.

I just thought that Durant had a higher ceiling and deserved to be the #1 pick. The whole 1984 MJ-Sam Bowie dilemma played out all over again -- and in the same city. I'd always rather draft the better player, rather than the best player for a position.

After watching Durant at Texas, there were clear indications that he could be a superstar on the next level. I never got that feeling watching Oden play.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote