View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Would Phil Jackson be willing to coach a team without a top 10 player of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninephive
Yes. Yes I do. Thank you.

The problem was the original analogy: "would Durant be willing to play for the Kings?" Well, if he was retired, wanted to come back in the league, and the Thunder wouldn't give him an offer, then possibly. Or, if he wanted to own them, possibly. Thus the point of the post...would Phil be willing to coach a team without one of the greatest players of all-time? I'm asking if he would risk tarnishing his legacy at least a bit to coach again, whatever the circumstance.

I personally believe Jordan tarnished his legacy a bit by playing for the Wizards. He went from leading teams to the playoffs every year of his career to missing the playoffs those 2 years and having losing records, something players like Duncan will probably never do.

I think his Wizards days enhance his legacy. At 38-40 years old, he was still able to score on all the young kids of today. Scoring 40 points at 40 years old in an NBA game is a record likely to never be matched again. Think about that for a second.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote