View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #230
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Well, I did a couple pages back and no one gave a shit.

Wow though, I'm starting to think whether I took my progressions really slow or you're just that naturally strong. I started with 50 2 years ago but then found out I was doing them all wrong. I only really started doing good deads when I hit 165 last year around the same time. Cycled them in and out of what I do and just last June got a new set of weights so I decided to bring my lift up.

Have you read Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline? It's not that long a read and some people get irritated with his Evil Russian persona (I think it's hilarious though) but it has a lot of good stuff pertaining how use muscle tension to squeeze every bit of strength you have in a lift and also to lift injury-free, gear-free.

I don't think your progress would be slow, it might just be because I'm a bigger guy at 6'3 and heavier? All kind of proportional, and I've always found my back workouts have progressed rather quickly.

My chest on the other hand is a different story. Took me forever to get over certain plateaus. Starting deadlifting all that time back actually helped me get over some of the chest plateaus.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote