View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Fiscal Cliff

I don't really understand how the main GOP can be so stupid and do such a poor job of solidifying its base. I consider myself an independent but I have seriously conservative leanings. At several times throughout history, I'd have been a clear cut republican but they've just gotten so hypocritical.

You can't simultaneously cry about the debt being too high and steadfastly refuse to increase revenue. The fact of the matter is when you overspend your means you have to either increase your income or decrease your expenses. At this particular point in time there is no way a spending cut alone could get us back to where we need to be. We have to increase taxes. The fact that it's being fought so hard just boggles my mind. Ask for spending cuts to go with it? Sure, but to go in saying that raises aren't an option is just stupid. You back yourself into a corner where you are forced to either screw the country or give your future opponent a golden campaign video showing that you didn't do what you promised.

I really don't understand why they haven't come in saying. We realize there need to be tax/revenue increases. While we believe these increases go against our general party policy, we realize that they are at least temporarily necesarry and therefore we will agree to them on a basis to be a reevaluated at a later date. While we are willing to make these cuts, we also need dems to understand that some spending cuts will also need to take place(and while some of them will be military in nature, some also need to be entitlement programs)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote