View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #36
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay Can Not Coexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Not to go off topic but you're the classiest, most unbiased Grizzlies fan I've seen on here, kudos. I think all teams in the finals need ONE player who emerges as the undisputed closer and who can be relied upon every game, not just every couple. The Heat in 2011 didn't have this figured out and it hurt them vs the Mavs in the finals. Yet we saw in 2012 when the Heat CLEARLY became Lebron's team he DOMINATED the playoffs and led them to the championship. Zach looked like that player in 2011 playoff run prior to his injury. Which is why I personally feel the Grizzlies offense should primarily be run through Zach+Marc who are the best bigman rotation in the NBA and unstoppable most of the time.

I was being serious earlier when I said Gay should be the Grizzlies 3rd option. Seems like when Randolph+Marc dominate, Grizzlies don't lose.

Our offense is run through Marc and Zbo. That doesnt mean that is where it ends. Marc, point Center, gets first touches and dictates the offense based off match ups. Rudy is the #1 option (going by your definition) even though the offense is ran through the bigs. Having gasol and zbo make things much easier for gay as people clog the paint. He has shown this year that he is the one with the killer instinct that wants the ball. As someone said above zach is focusing on his work in the paint and deferring to rudy. Rudy will be the person taking the last shot %75 of shots. But as has been repeated, MATCHUPS are what dictate whos the man . Yes when marc and zbo dominate we usually dont lose. But same can be said for when rudy dominates. At rudys size, he usually has the best match up advantage as opposed to zbo.
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote