View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Clippers vs Grizzlies in a Playoff Series: Who Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
If you can't be playoff ready after playing 35 regular season games post surgery then he's not doing something right. We are talking about 2-3 months and he's getting the injury card pulled just because in 2011 he dominated in the playoffs? A HUGE part of Zbo's struggles in the playoffs was Reggie Evans who literally tore him a new asshole every time down the floor defensively. Zach was getting pushed out of the paint and forced to shoot a bunch of 18 footers.

In usual fashion though rather than crediting the winning team (very shorthanded one at that) we make excuses for the losing team. Like I said in the other thread why are we going to talk about Zach being less than 100 percent when he played 2-3 months before the playoffs, yet disregard the Clippers 5 best players having fresh injuries?

Caron had a broken hand, BG had a torn meniscus and hyper-extended knee, CP3 had a bad groin pull, Mo Williams had a shooting hand injury and Billups was obviously out. Every team is banged up come playoff time but no other team had their 5 best players injured like that.

CP3's groin pull was actually the injury that kept him out the last two games of the regular season and it was re-injured. I've had a couple groin pulls during games and as a PG you can't do SH**. Can't move laterally without a great deal of pain, can't cut, can't jump. Hell he deserves respect just for at least playing through it for the rest of the playoffs.

Up until game 4 where CP3 re-injured it he was putting up a crazy 23.5 ppg, 11 apg, 5 rpg and nearly 3 spg vs the Grizzlies and looked like the best player in the playoffs. No coincidence that immediately following the injury his production plummeted starting with game 5 vs the Grizzlies, continuing through the Spurs series.

Okay so let me get this straight, injuries that require surgeries are irrelevant and injuries that dont require surgery are relevant. Good argument we will see when the playoffs start who will win.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote