View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #192
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Then where is your evidence that welfare programs work, and don't just redistribute the wealth? It's not that I don't approve of helping people in need, I've given to charity before, but I shouldn't have to pay taxes that go to the poor in the form of welfare. That's what charity is for, the government isn't a charity organization.

Ummm, what you want is closer to what the industrialized world saw before so-called welfare states became the norm. How did that turn out...that whole charity thing from the private sector? lol

I can absolutely agree that what we have now is not good enough for a lot of people, but you want certain things to be reversed and there is tons of empirical evidence that that would reduce the quality of life for many.

But again, what I am saying will fall on deaf ears when directed at people such as yourself....because you're not REALLY arguing that your "charity idea" is better for the nation, you're arguing it's better for yourself....and that really isn't something I can argue with nor would I want to argue national-scale policies with someone who is only focused on how it benefits themselves. A genuine, fact based debate can't happen.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote