View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #193
Math2
Local High School Star

Default Re: Romney says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with big gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Ummm, what you want is closer to what the industrialized world saw before so-called welfare states became the norm. How did that turn out...that whole charity thing from the private sector? lol

I can absolutely agree that what we have now is not good enough for a lot of people, but you want certain things to be reversed and there is tons of empirical evidence that that would reduce the quality of life for many.

But again, what I am saying will fall on deaf ears when directed at people such as yourself....because you're not REALLY arguing that your "charity idea" is better for the nation, you're arguing it's better for yourself....and that really isn't something I can argue with nor would I want to argue national-scale policies with someone who is only focused on how it benefits themselves. A genuine, fact based debate can't happen.

Obviously it would benefit myself. I should be able to choose what I can do with my money. I would choose to give any money I would donate to the poor rather than the elderly.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote