View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: MYTH: Where art thou [Behaviorism]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Well, fear of something is one of the easiest things to condition. We remember emotional events better for survival reasons. The Little Albert study is pretty damn famous, but it is also famous because of the unethical shit that was done.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this with basketball. My best guess is to just surround a kid with basketball related stuff all the time. I think this is one reason NBA players often have children that make the NBA (that plus the genetics). Lots of positive reinforcement would be important. You have to really make that kid love basketball. If he ends up doing it like it is a chore, he will try to get by with the minimum you require, and potentially quit, or rebel (would hate to see a kid pushed so hard that it drives him to skipping school and practice to do drugs).

Well yeah basketball would be hard since genetics play a large role but if we're talking about a profession like lawyer/doctor or whatever.

Shieet I'm gon execute this plan on my future offspring. ahh well then I can scrape the idea of getting with a black chick, don't won't no cornrows or afro in my damn house anyway.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote