View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #161
beer
UCLA alumnus

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
im surprised fans weren't asking for his head when the whole reeves nelson debacle happened. all the press that came out of it really changed how i viewe him and the program.

they were... go look at articles on any ucla blog or posts on any ucla forum before the story broke and while it broke. They wanted him fired before for missing the tourney 2 out of 3 years. To them, the si article was the final nail in the coffin.

all ucla fans and alums want him fired. about half of us (including myself) were silenced after the recruiting class and said ok, we'll give him this year to redeem himself. because there was no way our AD would fire him after that class. (our AD is a well documented idiot) well it doesn't matter and it didn't take long, he's failing.

on another note. george dohrmann has been attacking ucla since the harrick days. this is probably the fourth smear piece he's come out with against us, all of which have failed miserably(the point of dohrmann originally looking into our program was to look for recruiting violations, which he didn't find. but the man still needs a story!). i don't believe him to be honest. most if not all the players nelson supposedly bullied have denied it. (i found this link with a quick google search, it doesn't have all the players and quotes. there are a lot more than just honeycutt denying it.)

Quote:
According to Nelson's lawsuit, the article claimed he was not punished after fighting with multiple teammates and intentionally injuring them during practice. The S.I. article also claims Nelson "urinated on [a teammate's] bed and clothes" -- purely as revenge for the player allegedly squealing about a New Year's Eve party.

But Nelson's high-powered entertainment lawyer Keith Fink says they can prove Dohrmann "recklessly and negligently failed to investigate the claims in the article." The lawsuit includes declarations from 18 UCLA players and ex-players who deny every allegation about Nelson.

In fact, former teammate Tyler Honeycutt says, "Nelson did not pile my clothes on my bed, and he certainly did not urinate on my clothes." According to the suit, most of the players say Dohrmann never contacted them -- and the 2 who were contacted denied the allegations.

The lawsuit further claims the S.I. writer has a longstanding beef with UCLA because he "publicly attacked UCLA's Baron Davis for driving a black 1991 Chevy Blazer, which Dohrmann publicly claimed had been purchased in violation of NCAA rules." NCAA investigators later shot down those allegations.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/23/reeves...#ixzz2DTVaPqni

fire howland.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote