View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
bluerap
Local High School Star

Default Re: The Point Forward - SI.com "bonus and bust so far"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
But we don't have a "winning offense" though. Just for shits and giggles, let's say you remove Bargnani from the team altogether and plug in Carlos Boozer. Exact same team around him. Do you think we suddenly become a top 4 team in the east? I sure don't.

Now lets inject Bargs onto a winning roster. Hell, let's say he plays on the Nets in place of Brook Lopez. I think they'd be a just as good team if not better making that switch. So it's a little unfair to me to say your boy hasn't delivered when from the time Bosh left he hasn't had the talent around him to really be expected to take them somewhere.

I appreciate the fact that you have toned down your bargnani or bust attitude and in general have become a more polite poster.

But again, you are wrong (not intended to sound harsh). Boozer is kind of washed up so not really a good comparison. Let's say we replaced bargs with Aldridge. We still wouldn't be a top 4 team but we would be a hell of a lot better.

And no, NJ is way better off with Lopez than they would be with Bargs. We would be as well.

Also, he was not well suited to playing beside bosh so that part of your argument is also weak.

Can Bargnani be a piece on another team competitive team? I don't see why not. I think he is best suited as a 6th or 7th man (first scoring big off the bench). Where he can coast on 14-15ppg and 3 rebs.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote