View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Judaism vs Christianity in Hip Hop - Matisyahu vs. Lecrae - Who Wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I do have as much problem with jews as I do with muslims, mormons and christians. I don't like religion mixed with music and

Like his "Jerusalem" song, "Rebuild the temple" and "Three thousand years with no place to be/they want us to give up our milk and honey". Their milk and honey? THEY?

Maybe I'm overthinking some of his lyrics but knowing where he stands it's hard not to.

This. The man's political slant is basically "let's all love each other and not exclude anyone". This is a man who sought out a part of culture that is primarily black belonging to a part of a religion whose sect just by it's nature excludes outsiders from things. I honestly feel bad for you if what you get from Matisyahu is "evil zionist".

I think you need to spend some time with a larger variety of people because you come across as someone who is excluded from a lot of people because you are quick to look for things that match what are bad stereotypes.

No hate, but it just stood out to me because you could get 100 people and say Matisyahi and do work association and i don't think more than 1 of them would say "zionist".
niko is offline   Reply With Quote