View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #146
LeBird
High School Varsity 6th Man

LeBird has decent reputation
Default Re: What would the 72-10 Bull's record look like playing this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Now I've answered your question. Now answer mine. How do you explain the Bulls winning 55 games pre expansion in 94. And how many games would they have won in 94 if intead if Pete Myers, they had Jordan, and Rodman over Grant?

I am not sure if you're blind or ignoring my point. If you know what I posted; you would know I would have said: I don't know. You cannot predict why or why not. Why did the 91 Bulls not win 72?

Your reply in the quote is also nonsense. You can only stipulate as to why...you cannot legitimately hold that they are the exact reasons. Who knows how much more a Pippen/Grant tried or didn't try and how that is calculable to 10 games. It's conjecture at best. Are the 92 Bulls, who did 'try', only 1 game worse than the 09 Cavs, per your retarded cross-comparisons? It's a ludicrous argument.

I don't even think the 72 win Bulls would win 72 games if they had to play the same teams in the same condition 10 years in a row, where they remain ageless, etc (which is a heck of a hypothetical, but illustrates my point). A lot of things have to happen, and happen exactly right for a team to have such a season.

That is why I stick to my general and vague response because of the myriad of factors. The league is stronger now than what it was in the 72 win season. Rodman himself said that it'd never happen in the 80s - acknowledging the expansion and era difference in terms of competition. These days there are multiple stacked teams and the competition is higher in general. The Bulls don't win 72 in my opinion - and definitely don't win more than 72 as you seem to suggest.

I also didn't set the precedent of your cockamamie theories re Pippen or here now. That's all your doing. Own it.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote