View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Anyone train combat sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
BJJ is good stuff, there's a guy that comes to my gym sometimes who trains BJJ. He says its a lot more technical but not as aggressive. Not sure what he's talking about cause he's tough as hell. I actually prefer some BJJ techniques to Judo. I notice Judo chokes have a lot of focus on the Gi, when in real life situations your opponent will most likely be wearing a t shirt or something like that, in that case I would say the rear naked choke would win out. I wanna give that a test run. He said his gym is located like 5 minutes from the place I just moved to. Need to get my funds up, then I'll go check it out.

One thing I'm curious about, does BJJ have takedowns, or do matches start on the ground?

- BJJ does have takedowns...but it's not nearly as Focused or Highlighted as Judo....Most of the time we train Takedowns with No Gi, simple throws maybe a single leg sparcly.

- BJJ matches start on the feet....But the heart of BJJ is in the guard.....so just pulling into gaurd (with no real takedown) is mostly how it goes.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote