View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #99
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dez Bryant is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Top 5 WR in the NFL? Megatron Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, D.Thomas, AJ Green, Larry Fitz (unless u are saying top 5 performing WR this yr) otherwise Fitz will always be a top 5 WR. Brandon Marshall.

I'm not saying Dez isn't good. I just think you can't automatically thrust him too 5 with ease just because he helped your FF team as we as mine (74pts). Think of it this way not too long ago you were sour on the guy. Yet most of the names I listed you weren't. They stole remained among the top WRs in the game. So now you are going as far as to say Dez Is too 5? Eh

He has broken out finally and hopefully he keeps it up. Romo will continue to air it out and if Dez works on his game forcing Romo to throw his way even more? He will be a lock top 5 guy.

Hakeem Nicks had a down year but these two should battle for best NFC East WR. Victor Cruz is good but is take Dez over him no hesitation.

I dont really follow your arguments, seems a bit like you are arguing a strawman. You explicitly say that if Dez can keep it up he will be a lock top 5 guy? Dont really see how we disagree then.

I didnt automatically thrust Dez into top 5 because he helped me win fantasy, I thrust him into top 5 because he is a top 5 talent in terms of physical gifts who has only been held back by dumbassery. The only reason I was sour on the guy in the first place was because of his maturity level, and this year he has made giant improvements in that regard. I havent seen him doing his usual pouting on the sidelines or arguing with the WR coaches after doing something bone-headed since the very start of the season.

Obviously WR rankings are subjective and people rank with different criteria (are we talking lifetime achievement or just how good they are this year? how much do we weight quarterback play in WR rankings... things like that). If I was ranking the top 5 WRs based on how good I think they are right now: after Calvin, Green and Julio there is basically a 3-way tie between Dez, Fitz and Marshall.

Last edited by Nanners : 12-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote