View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #11804
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Also, did you like it more or less than Basterds? My initial reaction was that it was better. But it's been a year since I've watched Basterds.

The first thing I thought when the credits rolled was that it was not much better than bastards. That's not a knock on the movie because Bastards was awesome and so was this.

Beforehand a friend of mine who is a big QT fan told me this movie was better then Pulp Fiction and Samuel L Jackson was better in this movie.

My reaction was:

But the claim still kind of raised my expectations. I felt a little let down as the movie went on and it wasn't what my friend said it would be.

On a more positive note...the length didn't really get to me that much. I felt like it was a long movie but I didn't feel overwhelmed by the length. The movie had my attention throughout because of how great the characters were.

Christoph Waltz...once again amazing and hilarious. He's quickly rising as one of my favorite actors because of how damn entertaining he is. Kind of Samuel L. Jackson who was also fantastic. Every time I watch those two on screen I'm as entertained as I will ever be watching a movie, so having them together was just pure awesome.

The final actor that deserves accolade for his performance in this movie was Leo. Usually, I'm pretty tough on Leo when it comes to his movies because he's put up some great performances, and he's been in some movies where I felt like he wasn't right for the role. This role was perfect for Leo and he killed it. I was not disappointed one bit by the casting of him as Calvin because he pulled off the psycho thing really well.

Back to the things I didn't like. There were too many scenes where not alot was going on except for the characters moving around and music blasting at the audience. I don't know about anyone else but when I throw on a QT movie it's for the dialogue and the story, not to see a music video. That happened far to many times for my liking.

SPOILERS start here

Finally, I didn't like how after Schultz shot Candies he stood there, and had enough time to say "my bad Django" before he got shot. We saw the guy through out the movie cut more than 1 person down in about the span it took him to say that sentence. Why did he accept his death like that?

I have to admit. That shoot out scene that followed with Django in the house was awesome, but would have been much better with Schultz still around to help him.

After one viewing in theaters, I would give it an 8.8/10. The thing with QT movies are you can't just watch them once. From my experience, rewatching them you find so much more you do like than you don't. Will watch this movie again soon.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote