View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #11809
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Django Unchained - 5/10

Tarantino is clearly coasting on his reputation. While I won't say this movie is terrible it suffered from poor writing. There is interesting dialogue at times but I found myself waiting for something interesting to happen. After a lot of nervous laughter from me and the crowd I just wanted the movie to be over. The performances by the actors are the only redeeming quality of the movie.

Dicaprio and Samual L Jackson are easily the best performers in this film. The scenes with them are the ones that I remember the most because you really can't take your eyes off either of them when they are on screen.

This film suffered from a really bad job editing job. I was reading some other reviews online and one person commented that there might be a good movie somewhere in this drawn-out mess of a film. I think that could be true but we'll never really know.

I'm no fan of Tarantino but I will say that this guy does know how to make gore and violence somewhat hilarious. You can tell Tarantino is making fun of racists throughout the movie. I suppose he was trying to be Mark Twain-esque in that way but he isn't nearly as good at it. If Spike Lee really won't see this film I am a bit disappointed because I thought he was more sophisticated than that.

I'd say this movie is worth seeing if you really love seeing over the top action. I really wish he'd make movies for adults though.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote