View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #11810
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey 8.7/10

Saw RT and was thinking that I'd end up disappointed when I finally got around to seeing it, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Jackson deserves praise for what he was able to do with the first installment in the trilogy. He was able to not only capture every important aspect from the book, but added in more side stories that weren't' really talked about in the Hobbit. I thought the side-story with Radagash the Brown was interesting, and added in some comic relief, which was acceptable because this movie ended up being a lot more serious than I thought it would be.

I'm not one to be a stickler for the quality of 3d vs. normal, so for the most part, I thought that the 3d made the movie absolutely beautiful. There were a couple scenes (namely action scenes) where I felt like the speed was off a little, but the movie was the 2nd best 3d movie I've ever seen (behind Avatar).

I was/still am a little skeptical about Jackson making the Hobbit into 3 parts, but with how good the first part was, I am greatly looking forward to parts 2 and 3, and will happily purchase tickets to see each one in theaters.

Definitely go see this if you haven't already.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote