View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should Mavs go full out tank mode for the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
You're quoting me, literally, out of context.

The Spurs didn't stop trying to win now. The Mavericks are rebuilding. They can call it reloading but it's taking two years..two years of no chance of getting back, due to personnel decisions where the championship team was discarded...all for a couple of stars who they had to wait another year for...and of whom they didn't even really pursue this past offseason.

If you wanna keep Dirk a lifelong Mav, then try to win while he's here...what other reason is he playing?

Mavs shouldn't trade Dirk and I don't think the Mavs will rebuild but rather retool, there's a big difference. Dirk is still a superstar and I still think he has a few seasons left of him playing at a high level ala Duncan.

Mavs have the assets to do a retool in a good squad next year if they do it correctly. They need to tank this season, land a high pick and use that cap space they've been saving up on some new players to compliment Dirk and the existing players they have. Hell they can even trade their top pick for a star like Boston did for Ray Allen years back

Plus what can the Mavs really get for Dirk? Look how bad the Magic got screwed out of Howard and they'd probably get a young "star" who's not really a star but with a big contract and that isn't the way to rebuild..

Point is the Mavs can do a Celtics like comeback for next season. It's a good thing Boston didn't rebuild and trade Pearce a few years back..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote