View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #11819
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Most of my post was just venting in general, not necessarily at you. But:

Your opinion on editing is invalid because you couldn't discern good from bad editing until you read someone else's opinion and just posted it here.

I didn't say you had to have editing experience. I said you have to understand how to analyze a film better. You can't just say, "BAD EDITING!" and give no examples or actual criticisms.

Look at your criticisms:

- If you think the dialogue was weak, that's not an editing problem.

- If you think there were boring parts and it was too long, in a Tarantino movie, most of that is on the script*. There were subplots cut out of the final movie and it was still this long. Editing down another 5 or 10 minutes would still leave it at over 2.5 hours. That would've helped a few scenes, not the majority of the movie if you were bored throughout.

- Having too much violence is not an editing problem. That's a special effects and script problem.

* Lengths of his movies

Rd 1:40
PF 2:35
JB 2:35
KB1/2 4:05
IB 2:35
DU 2:45
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote