View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #3218
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Yeah thanks RBA. Not going to lie, collecting that 300 was a little tough. Was not confident until the last week, I was already thinking up ways to spend that 700
I know, right? I made it to the championship in my other league. The guy who I was playing for the big prize -- a good friend of mine -- called me before the first game of the week and proposed us combining the runner-up prize ($450) and the championship prize ($1,150) and just splitting it instead of going through the stress of losing $700.

I know it was sort of a cop-out move, but I agreed to the deal. I figured, not a huge difference between $1100 and $800. There is a huge difference between $1100 and $450.

Luckily, I ended up losing 140-130, so it was the right decision... And I'm $800 richer!

Anyway, I will admit I thought you were going to win. Then again, I thought SCY had the best overall team and he took third. You just never know when you get into the playoffs. It takes actual skill to get to week 14. Once you're there, you need some luck.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote