View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
The Redemption
Banned

Default Re: Clippers' Opponents During Their Streak Have a Combined Record of 164-234

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Relying on forcing turnovers and transition points off those turnovers has the same drawbacks as a team that runs a fast tempo offense. The question is still, what happens when the game slows down, and those easy transition buckets are reduced? You saw it last night when Denver took good care of the ball (I think Lawson had 1 TO).

So the question becomes how does the Clippers half court offense stack up against the elite teams out West. Is it better than OKC? Better than San Antonio? Better than Memphis?

I watch almost every Clippers game, and while they are obviously a very good team, I'm not overly impressed with their half court sets. In the end, I think it's going to take Blake Griffin elevating his game in the half court offense in order for the Clippers to beat the previously mentioned teams in a playoff series.

Last nights loss had everything to do with missing 14 free throws and going 5-29 from deep. They got more open looks than I've seen all season long yet still managed to shoot a horrid 38 percent. Stats would lead you to believe Denver played smothering defense but it was wide open look after wide open look.

Obviously the team is not an elite executing team in the halfcourt but that has improved a ton from last year and should keep improving. Something people seem to be forgetting is how bad Green and Butler have been this year. When Billups played 3 games before going back out the Clippers offensive and defensive stats actually skyrocketed. It wasn't his stats but rather his all around impact on the team. Both Green and Butler have a good game about once every two weeks.

Adding Grant Hill and Billups back to the team will boost it quite a bit. Billups is a more explosive scorer and better defender than Green who keeps the young guys focused. Hill is the best all around SF on the roster most likely and is still an elite defender and capable of scoring 10 points regularly off open jumpers.

Last edited by The Redemption : 01-02-2013 at 05:49 PM.
The Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote