View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #282
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
I don't really aim to do much of the stuff your brother does, but I AM going to give extra effort in trying to learn and bring up some more calisthenics movements. I would like to pull off muscle-ups this year or a year from now and increase my pull-up numbers (5 is easy, but everything after that is a struggle for me), and I'm also really looking to finally hanstand without support and do some push-ups (though with a wall for now). Your brother got any tips for anyone who wants to bring up their calisthenics?

YOu're not too heavy.

You are strong for your weight. SO what's stopping ya ?

Muscle up is basically a violent pull up but the trick is to ROTATE YOUR WRISTS FORWARD ON THE BAR AS YOUR CHEST IS IN THE AIR AND CATCH YOURSELF.

Handstands are core strength, balance, and shoulder strength. Start by doing those planches, pike pushups (knees on the table then shoulders out), doing the HSPU's assisted on walls and having a partner hold you.

For pull-ups.
5 sets
5/3/4/5/5

Rest a day.

5/3/3/5/6

Rest a day.

5/5/5/5/5

Rest a day

Add + 10 lbs
4/3/4/3/4

Etc. etc.

Rest a day

6/5/5/4/7

Rest a day

Add + 15 lbs

4/4/4/4/4

The jist of it is it's a specific movement that simply gets better with practice and repetition. That's it. No tricks really. Higher volume. Negatives. Stronger Grip. And lotsa practice. Simple, but consistency is key.

Do as many as you can. Rest 1 min - 90 secs. Do as many as you can. Repeat.

If you wanted to supplement your pullups add heavy barbell rows with a strong contraction, deadlifts, and lots of rows. You need to find your weak link (is it lats, is it forearms, is it at the bottom is it at the top) and fix that sh!t up.

Also get your form right. That means chest up, head up, Back arched, and IMAGINE PULLING YOUR ELBOWS DOWN TO THE FLOOR. Don't be afraid to tense up every muscle in your body including your abs and glutes.

Source: Trying out for USMC which requires 20 and went from 5 --> 18 deadhang in a few months. Also did some gymnastics and asked an expert on iron cross and muscle ups lol.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote