View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #11865
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I don't think i've seen Killing Them Softly yet, i'll have to check it out.

Heat - 9/10

Got damn, Pacino/Dinero are amazing. If i had three wishes, i really think one would be to return these two men to their youth, because they'd reward me with great films like this. "A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."" Dope line.

And the shootout scene, got damn! That was a heavy scene.

Any recommendations for similar films? Not so much cop/heist action, but just great acting.

The Shawshank Redemption 10/10

Another film i had not seen before despite it being the top rated film on IMDb, and i'm happy to have finally seen it. Amazing film, good story, nothing to dislike.

Seeing Morgan Freeman, Denzel, Pacino, and Dinero all old is sad because i can't think of anyone to take their place in delivering amazing performances on a regular basis. Daniel Day comes to mind.
Movies with DeNiro and Pacino to watch:

The Godfather I & II, Mean Streets, Serpico, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Deer Hunter, Glengarry Glen Ross, Dog Day Afternoon.. Etc...

Theres A LOT of good stuff out there..

Some other great actors that have good early stuff is Harvey Keitel, Martin Sheen, Dustin Hoffman, Paul Newman..

Its just all about looking them up and giving them a shot. I know most people dont really like to delve into films way out of their time period.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote