View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Varejao to undergo surgery Thursday, out 6-8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Come on, let's be realistic. No one wants Gibson or Casspi. I'm not even sure either of them could make a gameday roster on any of the contenders.

I was a person who was against trading Anderson while he was healthy, but seeing Tristan absolutely blossom in his absence tells me that maybe it is time we hand the keys over TT and let him grow into the position. It is clear he wasn't maximizing his production with Varejao in the lineup.

It is far more important to the future of this team that Thompson develops into a legitimately solid starting player (or more) than anything Varejao may contribute in his 30s on a team which is still a couple years away from contending for the playoffs.

If Varejao and Thompson can find a way to co-exist where they're both playing at a high level at the same time on the same floor, I'm fine with not making a move. But, I don't want to keep Varejao at the detriment of Tristan.

And, Lamb, PJ3 + Toronto's lottery pick is absolutely a "haul."

I'm a huge TT supporter from day 1. I'm real excited about his development and what he could potentially grow into. Byron Scott mentioned at the beginning of the season his plan was to eventually bring AV off the bench and work Zeller into the starting lineup. Best of both worlds, we get AV and TT both able to maximize their talents, (and we both know that AV is a monster off the bench) and TT still get to be learn under the tutelage of Andy.

And we have to agree to disagree. I think PJ3 and Lamb are really underwhelming. The toronto pick is enticing but OKC has not been linked to any trade rumors involving Andy as of yet.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote