View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Would OKC be better if they kept BallSoHarden Over Westbrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Obviously you haven't watched enough games. Westbrook never IGNORES poor old Durant who is sitting there wide open lol. He gets him the ball as often as possible, Durant just sucks at getting open at times vs physical defenders that deny him the ball. And when a play is broken or shotclock is down, Westbrook is the one taking those desperate shots, ruining his FG%. Durant remains efficient because he passes up those looks to Westbrook, only taking the shots he wants. That's why people complain about Durant being passive at times, he doesn't demand the ball like Kobe, he is content letting Westbrook take more shots and get all the blame. Wish Westbrook did get traded, just so I can watch what a juggernaut OKC is with a predictable "pass first" PG without elite slashing or defense lol.
Yeah, you're being a little too harsh on Durant there man. I don't think he's letting Westbrook take those bad shots to protect his FG% or so Westbrook can take all the blame. He just struggles to get open sometimes against stronger more physical defenders. It's not for a lack of trying.

Now, in Westbrook's defense, he and the rest of the OKC offense have been much better this season running through Durant in the fourth quarter. I've watched games where Westbrook has brought the ball up the floor, waited for Durant to get open, and pass him 4 or 5 possessions in a row. There's a much more concerted effort on his part to get the ball to Durant in the 4th quarter and in crunch time. He's much better in this regard this year than he's ever been, and so when people say things like "Westbrook ignores Durant way too much and plays hero ball in the fourth quarter", it just tells me they haven't watched many OKC games this year.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote