View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #716
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Please, injuries happen all over the place, useless excuse.

We just got beat three times with a team that has had a myriad of injuries themselves, and still without their BEST PLAYER.

This team has had injuries all year, and when they were winning, no one even looked at the injuries, but to the guys on the court.

So, nope, that dont fly.

Like I said, feel free to blame the role players in losses, then make sure you credit them in wins.

It cannot go both ways.

You want melo to receive all the credit in wins, but blame the role players ion losses.

That's ridiculous.

Melo got his numbers last night and i knew folks would claim he is doing his job.

But no one was worse than him in the first half, on offense or defense.

He seriously could have sat out the first half and it wouldn't have been any worse.

1-10 and allowing Deng with 21 first half points......ball game.
Everyone gives credit to our role players when we win. Just look at all posts about Kidd being something special early in the year and you see what I'm talking about. Remember all Ronnie Brewer is 100x better than Landry Fields posts ?
Well,that disappeared because they are starting to suck.

Melo didn't play well in the last two games but you blame him exclusively for losses. KNICKS LOST. TEAM LOST.
If other players weren't so useless maybe we wouldn't rely on Melo to score 30+ on great efficiency every night just to keep us in games.
Brewer didn't even play last night. Kidd had 0 points and 0 assists. J.R. was 4-17 (but I won't say anything bad because he's been by far our 2nd best player this season). Amare had 1 rebound in 19 minutes. Copeland had 0 points and was so bad that he played only 5 minutes.

So my question is,where were those guys ? Tyson was the only role player that showed up last night and you're still going to blame Melo for this loss ?

No one is perfect. Melo will have some bad games. But role players are there to step up once in a while when your star player is struggling. Instead they got beaten even worse than Melo did,most of them providing us nothing.

I'm not going to blame Melo for this loss. If everyone else was playing well and we had Melo chucking and letting his man kill him then I would. But others played even worse than Melo did so blaming an individual over team is stupidity.

There's one obnoxious Nets fan who always says that Knicks rely on Melo to score 30+ points just to keep them in games. Well he's right,at least for now until Felton gets back.
What kind of team it is when you need one player to score so many points just to keep the game close ? Just think about it.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-12-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote