View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #735
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Won't post this article as it it is too long for that, but here are some interesting comments from the Bulls perspective.....

“I definitely hurt my team,” he said after scoring most of his 39 points after the Bulls had bullied the Knicks for the second time in three weeks at Madison Square Garden. The final score failed to reflect the lopsided nature of the night, as well as Anthony’s early inability to solve the long-armed and closed-mouth hectoring of Luol Deng.

“I’m not the guy who’s going to get in your ear, not something I do, maybe because I’m not from here,” said Deng, who was born in what is now South Sudan and lived in Egypt and Britain. “My focus is on what I have to do.

“I mean, honestly, Melo’s one of the toughest covers in the N.B.A. We all know that. The shots that he makes are the shots that you want the other team to take, but those are shots he makes. Melo’s going to get his numbers. I just have to make sure that he takes a lot of shots to get to those numbers.”

Missing his first seven shots, Anthony required 32 for those 39 points, compared with Deng’s 33 points on 18 shots. In an impressive show of making that crucial extra pass, the Bulls assisted on 26 of their 39 field goals. The Knicks’ corresponding numbers were 17 of 37 and their percentage was worse before a final surge.

But another component to the slump has, like gravity, pulled the 23-13 Knicks back to the pack of teams in line for top Eastern Conference playoff seeds. More than anyone, Bulls Coach Tom Thibodeau has created the blueprint for the way to play the Knicks: stay at home on their stationary 3-point shooters, make them drive the ball into the Bulls’ formidable interior defense and, as Deng said, do not worry about how many points Anthony is scoring.

“Carmelo is the ultimate scorer,” Thibodeau said, knowing there’s a fine line between Anthony’s ability to generate points within the team flow and the isolation-heavy approach that makes the Knicks predictable and ultimately beatable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/sp...=tw-share&_r=0

You can't make this stuff up.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote