View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #31
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Colin Powell calls out GOP leaders for tolerating racism in the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Yea, nationalism can potentially be detrimental but black unity and trying to protect an identity are not necessarily negative things. The way you go about expressing your nationalism is the difference in whether it is a positive or not.

I've never really understood why people are so interested in holding on to specific cultural practices? I'd much prefer to see exchanges of ideas and togetherness even at the expense of losing some older cultural identity.

Nationalism to me is another type of man made exclusivity.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote