View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #11934
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Django Unchained and Les Miserables the week before...I don't rate out of 10, just out of 4stars. Les Miserables gets between 2 1/2 and 3. Decent, but overwrought. It's the most singy musical I've ever seen. All the dialogue and too many times far too unnecessary. Quality work from the actors. Crowe can sing, tho he's not a singer the way Jackman or Hathaway are. But he's good. Jackman is great and Hathaway is great in a role that ends real early.

But the move just doesn't stop. It doesn't even open and is too relentless in what it's trying to do. It jumps years and then drowns in single scenes and in days that feel like months. The love story is rushed and not worth the attention.

Django Unchained is between 3 and 3 1/2 stars. But it's more likely 3. In fact, it is. It's obviously interesting and it's funny, with some quality work by the actors. But the last half hour is a waste. Some of the music is stupid and it's especially stupid when I hear what I hear towards the end. The violence in the end is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
25th Hour

awesome and powerful. second time seeing it and I appreciate it so much more

may be I'm just bias towards Spike Lee but I thought the cast did a great job

8.5/10

It's one of his 3 best films. I saw it three times in 8 days (I got free entry twice) and the the second and third times are something else. I've seen it since, on video. I think it's a masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Flight 6/10

Just one failed, miserable attempt after attempt to be the film Leaving Las Vegas.

Leaving Las Vegas? I can't see any kind of similarity, outside of alcoholism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
If you've seen Drive and have Netflix streaming, check out the beginning of this old James Caan movie called Thief.

I've had that DVR'd from TCM for quite a while now. Time to watch it.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote