View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #17
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Reality Check on Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I thought the issue is banning rifles. Not all guns.

Still all based on a false premise. I can't support something that has an appeal to emotions (Sandy Hook shooting) and a strawman (all gun owners are mentally ill and will kill others if they get a hold of a gun).

The fact is most law abiding gun owners (including public workers such as cops) are sane individuals in possession of a firearm to protect themselves.

This is a fact.

The premise that an insane child who illegally possesses a firearm is a bad thing is something we all can agree to, but this has been generalized to include the "possession of a firearm in and of itself equates to violence." I don't see how a child who steals a gun from his mother and shoots up a school can equate logically to a law abiding, trained, sane adult (including cops) in possession of a firearm. This is a generalized fallacy.

Usually this can easily deceive those not verse in logic.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-16-2013 at 02:51 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is online now   Reply With Quote