View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Flacco deserves something close to max dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Do any of you consider him "elite" ... ? This subject has been tossed around ESPN and other sports media outlets for a good while now, and it seems everyone is either on the bandwagon or not. I think in this case, that "bandwagon" may be on to something.

His playoff record is just mind-blowing, even if you do have the best defense in the league (which isn't entirely true, but they're probably the most feared). There's no way I'd put Flacco on that same plateau as a flagship such as Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning ... and some would even argue Eli and Big Ben because both of them have multiple SB wins.

I think Flacco is a better QB than both Eli and Big Ben. Eli is just too Jake-Delhomme-like, meaning hot/cold type QB, and that can drive a coach or team bananas. I think many coaches and GM's around the league would risk max dollars on Flacco b/c he's one hell of a game manager and when needed, he can bomb a 65 yard TD missile.

I think it's an interesting discussion, even though it's been beat to death.

There is really no argument to be made that Flacco is a better QB than Big Ben or Eli other than a hardcore case of what have you doe for me lately, which shows your ignorance.

As far as max dollars, what the **** is that? This is not the NBA.

He will be franchised and probably signed to a long term deal, but he's not worth a super amount of money. He's not elite.

He has been blessed to play behind a stalwart defense that has four potential HOF'ers and they always come through and stop people in the playoffs since Joe has been there.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote